Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Welcome

Just to introduce myself, Ive been an enthusiastic amateur chef for over 20 years. I suppose longer really, I was making cakes since I was a small child, but it wasn't until later that I got into cooking. Most of my friends and relatives seem to like my food, at least they tell me so. That might be the food, or it might be the chef's knife I threaten them with.

As Ive experimented, and as my repertoire has expanded, I find myself sometimes making the same dish three months later and halfway through Ill remember that the last time I did this I added such and such an ingredient at the beginning or tried doing something another way and it turned out great. But of course, I remember that too late to do it again, sometimes even after I have completed the dish. So it would seem that some sort of journal would be in order. Since Im a bit of a geek, why not do the journal online?

Additionally, over the years, people have asked for various recipes and techniques, so I thought having a place to put my favorites might be of interest. So over time, when Im not trying to remember what I did, Ill probably be posting the recipes Ive found most sucessful. Or at least the ones others are asking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment